My weekend at the Convention

Justin McClanahan mcclanah@u.arizona.edu
Mon, 3 Nov 2003 17:20:01 -0600

Well everyone, I just got home from the Convention a few hours ago.  The
flight back was a hair under 4 hours, so it wasn't too bad.  Sure beats
a 1700 mile drive... EACH WAY! :-)

I'd like to start by saying Thank You to Eric Waterman and the rest of
the SE Region for setting everything up.  You guys did a great job,
everything went very smoothly.  The track was fun and seemed pretty
forgiving for the less experienced drivers out there, but it was still
somewhat challenging and fun for the more experienced guys too.  The
picnic was at a very nice park and other than that ricer chick that
stopped by, we didn't have anyone outside the group stopping by messing
with anyone's car or causing a big scene, which was also very nice.
Also, if you still need a good picture of a G20 let me know, I have a
few here at home from various angles I can send you guys asap.

I got to talk with most of you there at one point or another, I just
wish the weekend was longer, there was still a lot I wanted to do and
people I wish I could have talked to more, but I guess it'll just have
to wait until next year.  It was very nice seeing everyone again and/or
meeting you for the first time.  I still am in awe of the level of cars
present this weekend; there were some really nice cars this year.  Well,
I guess there always are, I just got to see some new cars this year so
that was a nice change.  I'm just sorry that I couldn't bring my car...
Chris, I hope that everything works out for the best with your
motor/car.  It made me realize how great this community is and I'm just
happy to be part of it.  You guys are awesome!

As a member of the community for about 4-5 years now, I'm glad some
companies are still supporting us (the SE-R/NX/G20/SR20/QR/etc...
community).  Greg at Mossy Nissan, SR20Development, JGY Customs,
Carbotech, ACT, etc...  I realize most of the companies that really
support us are either owned by a member of our community or have someone
working there.  I think it's kind of a bum deal that it's working out
this way, but that's a whole different post all together....  On the
good side, at least we're still getting some support!  It's most
definitely better than nothing at all.
Greg V, I hope that Courtesy Gift Certificate comes in handy for you!
And I'm sure Bruce couldn't wait to get home to install that Custom
Steel temp adapter setup he won!  That's funny stuff :-)  I actually won
a prize that I donated, but I just donated it right back into the raffle
so whoever won that, I hope that you can get something good that you
need from it.  Anyways, on to my next point... Being a Convention
Sponsor/Vendor I'd just like to say thank you to everyone.  To those of
you that won the InfinitiPartsUSA.com and EverythingNissan.com gift
certificates, I hope they come in handy.  If you don't see something on
the website that you're looking for just give me a call as there is
quite a bit of stuff that we stock or can order that's not on the
websites yet.

Anyways, I'm gonna start uploading all of these pictures I took over the
weekend and hopefully I'll be able to get some of them up online over
the next few days so ya'll can see em!  :-P

Thanks again Eric and the rest of the SE Region for hosting it this
year!  Just think, you can almost rest, just a few loose ends to wrap up
over the next week or so and then you can pass everything on to the next
Region and they can start the madness all over again! :-)

Justin McClanahan
95 G20 w/ VVL
2002 SERCA Convention lackey

Oh yeah, whatever you do, NEVER EVER buy a rental car!