Speedometer Not Working

Kloth, Gerald gkloth@agnesscott.edu
Thu, 30 Oct 2003 08:57:30 -0600

I just finished replacing my transmission, trying to get ready for the
convention. All is well, except my speedometer is not working (B14 with
electronic drive)  I checked all electrical connections and they seem to be
fine.  Does the speedometer gets its signal from the magnetic pickup on the
radiator side of the bell housing by counting the teeth on the flywheel?  I am
using the original pickup.  Is there an adjustment for the depth of this
pickup?  Should I be looking elsewhere?  By the way, the list info from last
weekend was right on as far as transmission problems goes.  I drained the oil
on my original transmission and found pieces of a wire ring attached to the
drain plug magnet.  My oil came out black.

Jerry Kloth
convention bound, but I don't know how fast I'm going