energy suspension

Frank Ewald frank_ewald@sympatico.ca
Wed, 29 Oct 2003 19:07:33 -0600

Last spring the stock bushings all looked fine so I didn't touch them
when I installed the KYB AGXs and GC coilovers.  This fall it seems
that was a mistake - I'm getting increasing clunking noises from the
rear and the bushings are showing wear.  For a spirited but daily
driver, should I replace them with stock or should I put energy
suspension products.  I've searched the archives but found little that
gave input on long term, daily use.  the website doesn't indicate any
noise factor, but a friend with a modified Audi has advised me that
it's too tight and that he can't find a solution to  excessive
squeaking with polyurethane products - but he wasn't sure who
manufactured his bushings.

If I'm going to the time of pulling the rear apart again, it would seem
sensible to put in a high end product.  At the same time, I don't want
more noise and the rear suspension is already tight enough - any more
would be too harsh. Thanks in advance for your comments.

Frank