Header temps

Raymond A. Kawski sr20de@epix.net
Wed, 29 Oct 2003 18:09:10 -0600

wmc_sr20@bellsouth.net wrote:

> Any idea what sort of temperatures the header primary tubes typically get
> up to on a regular N.A. motor?

No but we'll check it this weekend at the convention. Kieran's car
has a G3 HS header as do I.  His is coated with whatever coating HS
uses.  Which is probably rusting and flaking off by now.  We'll
measure his v. mine that has been Swain coated.

> need to refinish them.  My powder coatings supplier has a high-temp powder
> coat good for 1000dF and a ceramic coat that goes even higher.  Was
> wondering if I can get away with using the 1000d P.C. stuff?

Are cars seem to run pretty hot.  I don't know anything about
who you are using but I have to say the Swain coating is
<RobCadle>Bitchin</RobCadle>.   I recently drove to David Evans
house, a 1.75 hour drive.   I got there and wanted to swap his
cruise parts to my NX.  The car had sat for maybe a 1/2 hour and
the Valve Cover was *HOTTER* then the header was!!!  You could
touch the header longer then you could the Valve Cover!

The stuff works and Swain has donated to the convention 2 years
in a row!  So please support them by using them for their coatings.

RK
--
Ray Kawski
1998 Sentra SE Turbo, 1991 NX 2000, 350K mile 1991 Sentra SE-R