Tire opinions...2 to choose from

Jon Pennington cowboydren@b15sentra.net
Wed, 29 Oct 2003 15:49:43 -0600

Between my somewhat agressive front alignment, the fact that Missouri has
decided to spend ALL road maintenence funds from the last SEVEN YEARS this
past summer, and my plainly brain-dead driving habits, I'm unimpressed
with the FK-451's life.

I also got about 30k out of my GTA 02s, but let's face it, those tires
SUCK.  At 7k miles, my front outside shoulder wear indicator was at the
second (of three) steps, and the inside front indicator was GONE.  The
rears are in muchmuchmuch better shape, so I'm trying to calm down a
little, and we'll see how they hold up.  Next time 'round, I'm probably
going to get either the ST-115 or some Nitto NeoGens.  Next time 'round,
I'll also have less negative camber in the front; this treadlife is
ridiculous.

Definitely stick with 205/50-16, though; I very much regret getting
205/55-16s.  Falkens run HUGE for their advertised size, and I picked up a
LOT of rolling diameter, not to mention inertial mass.

--
-=|JP|=-        "Stays Fresh Longer!"

'01 B15 SE/PP  |   http://members.cardomain.com/cowboydren/   |  <//><
'95 SL2 Auto   |         cowboydren @ b15sentra . net         |