Simple Green okay on clearcoated wheels?

Wayne Cox wmc_sr20@bellsouth.net
Mon, 27 Oct 2003 14:01:15 -0600

At 01:12 PM 10/27/2003 -0600, you wrote:
>Anyone know if Simple Green is safe to use on clearcoated B14 wheels? It
>takes the brake dust off beautifully, but if it also removes the
>clearcoat, I am going to be kicking myself.

I don't hesitate to use it on any kind of painted surface.  I've used it on
a variety of wheels with no bad effects.  I was highly impressed to
discover it will remove greasy dirt from interior latex painted walls
without striping the paint!

    -Wayne  91 NK2k,  93 NX2k,  93 SE-R, 92 SE-R-Parts-Car