weird ass [transmission] problem

wmc_sr20@bellsouth.net wmc_sr20@bellsouth.net
Wed, 22 Oct 2003 20:57:11 -0500

At 07:36 PM 10/22/2003 -0500, Jennifer Libby wrote:
>driving home tonight on the highway- in 5th gear .... tried to downshift.
>Wouldn't move out of 5th.  Getting into neutral was forced but finally did
>it.  Now the car is stuck in

Does the clutch pedal feel any different?  Like extra resistance, or sticky
spots?  If so, I'd guess something is broken in the clutch assy and
preventing the clutch from releasing.  In this case, you SHOULD still be
able to shift through the gears with the car parked and engine off.

If you can't shift even parked & off, then suspect internal transmission
failure, or something binding in the shift linkage.  As previously
suggested, a broken motor mount could cause binding

    -Wayne    '91 NX2k - '93 NK2k - '93 SE-R - '92 SE-R parts car