Engine Preluber

Peter Serwe peter@easytree.net
Wed, 15 Oct 2003 21:07:44 -0500

Nice unit.  The idea crosses my mind though, they are charging
$550 for an electric motor strapped to an oil pump. I would have to
imagine that I could somehow rig up the effectually same thing
for well under $250.  I didn't look all that close, but tap into the oil
pan for feed, push the return into the right spot in the top, and
maybe run it through an external secondary filter for fun.  I'm
sure some of the folks more familiar with the oil path for an
SR20 could figure out precisely where to push and pull for
maximum benefit.  I would look closer at it when I have the
time and money to mess with it - I'd like to get more life out
of my own NA SR20.  I'd bet the guys with deeper pockets
than mine would rather just spend the $550 or and buy the
insurance policy.

NICE device!

--
Peter Serwe <peter@easytree.net>