low-tech: dead Optima

Kurt Sussman kls@merlot.com
Wed, 15 Oct 2003 12:50:00 -0500

My 1.5-year-old Optima is dead, and the warrantee is 1 year. That's 12
months, 1/6 of the warrantee on a Sears battery that you can get for
less than half the price. Plus the stores I've called (4 so far) won't
take it back unless I bought it from them (I bought it 700 miles from
where I live now).

So I'm obviously not getting another Optima. Any suggestions? I'm about
to get whatever's on sale at my local parts store.

I need to deal with this today. I wish I had time to mount it in the
trunk, but I thought that I'd have plenty of time to do that with the
Optima.

Advice? Suggestions?

Thanks.

--Kurt