fan belt controversy

wmc_sr20@bellsouth.net wmc_sr20@bellsouth.net
Wed, 15 Oct 2003 00:01:44 -0500

At 07:31 PM 10/14/2003 -0500, you wrote:
>However the smaller belt has 11950-05600 written on it. No one has ever
>heard of that part# and it's the original belt from the factory when the
>car was

Don't get too hung up on numbers printed on the parts;  they may not be
Nissan's.  Lots of manufacturers use xxxxx-xxxxx numbering systems.  And I
can about guarantee Nissan didn't make that belt specially for the
SR20  --  they called up a belt manufacturer and said "need one in this
size, how much will a million of 'em cost?"

I looked at the Courtesy parts PDF and some old notes of mine.  There is
only one belt for the water pump / power steering, since all SR20s have
P.S.  All these appear to be (or have been) valid numbers:
11950 -53J10, -53J20, -53J00
11920 -V7301

If you don't wanna mess with dealer special orders... Auto Zone had them on
the shelf last time I needed one.

    -Wayne    '91 NX2k - '93 NK2k - '93 SE-R - '92 SE-R parts car