OBD_II Emissions Readiness Test (Long)

Torry Skurski ezcheese15@yahoo.com
Fri, 10 Oct 2003 12:09:04 -0500

Hey Lew, my mom had that same problem with her car earlier this year.
She has a 96 Protigi and could not get it to pass the system readiness
code at all.  She took it to 2 different emissions places, *and* the
Mazda dealer.  Nobody could get it to pass.  She followed about 10
different versions of the drive cycles, as did I, *and* my friend.
Nothing seemed to help.

She eventually got her new tabs by default, because in GA, if you spend
over I think $700 or something on fixing your car, your emissions
certification is waived until the following year.  After buying a new
cat, and the many trips to the dealer to try to figure out what was
wrong, she eventually surpassed the $700 waiver minimum.

So all is good now, until next year.  Not sure what shes gonna do next
year.  Spending another $700 on dealer fees seems pointless.  Maybe she
can trade it in before the tags expire (January).

Anyway, Lew, youre one of the lucky ones.