QR valve clearance adjustment?

JFormantes@aol.com JFormantes@aol.com
Thu, 9 Oct 2003 21:53:43 -0500

In a message dated 10/9/03 9:48:54 AM Pacific Daylight Time,
choaderboy2@yahoo.com writes:

Wrong, the buckets are select fit and there are many sizes avalible to adjust
valve clearance to compensate for valve seat or face wear to difference in
base
 cirle diameter when changing cams. To change the clearance for adjustment,
you put a different thickness of bucket in. Mike

****

That said, approximately (for stock and normal driving) how long or in what
mileage does this QR engine will run out its valve clearance limit? ( since
this doesn't have hydraulic lifters)

....this is what I am afraid of, I have to deal again with some monkey
mechanic or some guy at the dealership to have this clearance adjustment( replace
the buckets and shims) and who knows if they did it correctly.  Maintenance
wise, seems like SR motors will cost you less...