Mounting battery in trunk

Ben Fenner fenfam@sc.rr.com
Thu, 9 Oct 2003 11:10:03 -0500

> What about the ground?

I took the battery tray from the engine bay and just bolted it to the trunk
floor using a few washers as spacers to get it level. I grounded mine to the
trunk in two different locations (also one ground from the audio amps to the
battery terminal). I've heard of others having problems with this, but there
shouldn't be a problem as long as your grounds are clean in the trunk, and
clean in the engine bay.
I actually have three separate grounds all running through the external
battery shut-off switch... I'm particularly proud of the job I did with my
battery relocation, having to run a relay to the engine bay for the
alternator to shut that off as well. This was done without a "kit", works
perfectly, and looks dang good.

-Ben
1994 Black SE-R