Tire Choices

hlava lhlvava@tampabay.rr.com
Tue, 7 Oct 2003 22:57:32 -0500

Frank,

>From all the research I did, filled 3 notebooks, months ago when I(we) were
looking for a wheel/tire combo, the T1-S's rock. I would have bought them,
but because of the stock suspension, I worried(ok, I was warned) that my
suspension would be overwhelmed by the grip of the tire.

The tests I found matched it well with the S-03 in performance, but it is
significantly lighter. I believe the 15" Toyos were almost 4 lb.s lighter
than the similar sized S-03's. Will it make a difference, sure. A huge
difference, probably not. I did notice when I went to lighter wheels/tires,
that my car felt more "light footed". So, maybe the difference would be felt
on your wife's Honda.

The wear on the Toyo's is also better than the S-03's. The Toyo's have taken
kind of a bad rap because of their association with the Fast and Furious
movies... you might say, rice association.

I know that some of the people on the Mazda boards really like them alot.
And, they do come in a lot of different sizes.

Tire decisions are tough. Even though it's a consumable product, you're
still stuck with them until they wear out if you don't like them as well as
you thought you would. I hate wasting money, but unless the tire is
dangerous, I'd keep 'em... too many diapers and stuff to budget for. Twins
take 4 times the amount of time and money as one child... I know from
experience;)

Good luck,
Mark