M3 crash/bad driving

Brian Cembor briancembor2002@yahoo.com
Tue, 7 Oct 2003 15:24:10 -0500

Driving stupid does not solely pertain to punk-a$$ rich kids,
ricers, and general idiots...

here in the ATL this past weekend we had Atlanta
Thrashers/NHL All-Star Danny Heatley drive his Ferrari into a
wall breaking the car in half, ejecting and eventually killing his
friend/teammate Dan Snyder. he was speeding on the street
and swerved to avoid a car coming out of an apartment complex.
Heatley has beencharged with vehicular homicide, 1st degree
and the police are waiting on blood test to see if he was
drunk/stoned with the possibility of pushing the charge to felony
status. as is, he could face 15yrs in jail.

	my folks definitely did not believe in high-priced new cars when
me and my brother's, turned 16.. i got a 1977 Pontiac Bonneville
station wagon.. complete with faux wood paneling...that i shared
with my older brother.

	i work with youth in my spare time and i see this phenomenom
often, parents give them these kinds of "gifts" as a way of
expressing love, guilt, whatever... for not being involved in their
kids lives. it was the same when i was in high school.. only now
families have more money and cars are getting faster and more
powerful..