Mounting battery in trunk

james.mccoll@sympatico.ca james.mccoll@sympatico.ca
Tue, 7 Oct 2003 07:31:22 -0500

I just bolted mine to the floor as well, without any spacers,
in the passenger side of the trunk.  It's level enough.  I
removed the muffler heatshield to drill two holes for the
battery hold-downs, and it's great.

BTW, I used 1/0 gauge welders' cable for the positive cable.
Awesome stuff, very heavy gauge, yet flexible, works nicely.
Pretty cheap as well.

The battery box itself was $12 Canadian from a marine supply
store.

I relocated the battery because of space limitations under the
hood, but the weight distribution is a nice perk.  I also have
read that excessive heat is a big killer of batteries, more than
extreme cold, so it's nice having the battery in a cooler area of
the car.

James