Need Help : Brake caliper painting

Ray Sta.Juana raystajuana@hotmail.com
Sat, 4 Oct 2003 08:15:03 -0500

When I bought my NX calipers, (from NAPA) I looked at them and thought they
had some kind of coating on them so I didn't do anything to them, just put
them on the car. Well I was wrong and they had no coating at all whatsoever
and they are covered in rust so now I'm gonna take em off and sand em and
paint em with high temp paint. I saw on the shelves in autozone they had 500
deg high temp engine paint, is that enough? OR do I need to get those
caliper specific paint? I also saw this spray that turns rust into a sort of
primer and since the calipers are covered in rust I thought it might save me
some time from sanding it. Good idea? Bad? For those who've done it, what
did you guys use to stop the fluids from coming out of the line? Any help is
appreciated as usual.

Ray S
98 Sentra SE w/mods