Need info on 2000-2003 Maxima

Joshua Gary ewraven@hotmail.com
Fri, 3 Oct 2003 09:35:54 -0500

There is www.Maxima.org and www.freshalloy.com also has a forum for Maximas.

The 2002 and 2003 were both fairly different cars in my opinion.  In 2003;
Nissan put the VQ35DE in the maxima that was rated at 260hp.  The 2000
through 2002 models had the 222hp VQ30DE.  The 2003's also had a little bit
different headlights and altezza style taillights.  The only drawback I can
see with a 03 model would be the lack of available mods since it was only
made for one year with that motor.  If it were me; I'd go with the 03 since
it automatically has an extra 38 more hp.  The 03 was also available with a
6 speed versus the 5 speed only 2000-2002's.  The 03 6 speed had a LSD too;
I don't remember if the 5 speed ones had a LSD.