Krist, it was filthy

hlava lhlvava@tampabay.rr.com
Sun, 28 Sep 2003 22:35:42 -0500

I'd read about how dirty and filthy the tb and chamber who get. Until I saw
mine, I had no idea... no wonder cleaning it makes the car run better.

Cleaning the tb was a piece of cake, came right off. Cleaning the chamber...
used redline fuel system cleaner and two soaked towels wrapped around a
handle, threw both nasty towels out. Then used spray carb cleaner to get to
the rest.

Detaching the hoses was a huge pain... reattaching them was even worse.
Thank God I have a friend, Eric K., who has longer arms and fingers then
me... I'd still be out there cussing.

I'm extremely fortunate to have a friend like Eric, especially near by. He
has an incredible amount of on hand knowledge about our cars and has always
been willing to help this monkey out. Big thanks to him, he came over to
help me out even though he has an extremely bad ear infection.

I wanted to say it here because he's on this list, too. And, sometimes, it's
not enough to thank someone in person... I want his peers(that's y'all) to
know what a knowledgeable B13 owner he is and what a good friend he is, too.

Later,
Mark