Engine Removal Tips/Help....LONG!

wmc_sr20@bellsouth.net wmc_sr20@bellsouth.net
Sun, 28 Sep 2003 20:51:17 -0500

At 08:20 PM 9/28/2003 -0500, you wrote:
>Steve  driving/moding a 86 Turbo Coupe in the meantime...hell, It was free
>from the  original owner ...  looks as good as a 86 T Bird can look...

Eewh...  Well at least it's correct wheel drive.  I wouldn't blow too much
money on engine mods, though.   An old buddy of mine is a fanatic for the
Merkur XR with the same engine, and sorta "big name" in that crowd.  After
mucho $$ on cams, headwork, ECU, ignition box, boost control... you name
it...  it runs like low 15 ETs at the strip  :(  I think he has turned it
into a decent autox car, with the whole interior gutted.

It's an old school turbo on a mediocre fragile engine with marginal power
potential, from what I've picked up.

    -Wayne    '91 NX2k - '93 NK2k - '93 SE-R - '92 SE-R parts car