Please help engine won't start (long)

Lawrence Weeks dev@anabasis.net
Sat, 27 Sep 2003 22:55:40 -0500

Once upon a time (Sat Sep 27), Brian wrote:

> I tried starting the engine in "clear flood" (gas
> pedal to the floor) mode and the engine ran, but only
> barely.  It wouldn't give me more than 1500 rpms no
> matter how I worked the gas, and it stalls out if I
> let the pedal more than 2/3 of the way up.

Check your MAF meter harness connector. This sounds like something
I may have encountered a long time ago.

BTW, I took out my tranny today to find out why it is leaking. Turns
out "some" dufus put the input shaft seal in upside down last time. Man
there was a lot of oil in the bell housing.

Larry
--
Lawrence Weeks                                    lweeks@anabasis.net
Anabasis Consulting Ltd