Alternator install problem

wmc_sr20@bellsouth.net wmc_sr20@bellsouth.net
Fri, 26 Sep 2003 19:11:42 -0500

At 06:32 PM 9/26/2003 -0500, you wrote:
>just installed ... a rebuilt Nissan alternator in my car. ....  Finally
>got it all set, and now the car won't turn over.  The starter's turning it
>and turning it, but the engine won't fire.  Did I miss something simple
>along the way?

If the engine is turning, then look for some problem besides the
alternator.  Is the engine really turning - like, can you see the belts
moving while cranking?  You can actually start and drive around for 10 or
20 miles on just the battery.

Did you disconnect anything, like a battery cable or fuel pump
fuse?  Sometimes SR20s get flooded with gas if they sit for a while, or
crank and don't start promptly -- try holding the gas pedal flat wide open
while cranking it to see if it catches.

    -Wayne    '91 NX2k - '93 NK2k - '93 SE-R - '92 SE-R parts car