Alternator install problem

Kevin J. Hart bowlcut@comcast.net
Fri, 26 Sep 2003 18:59:17 -0500

Well id first make sure that ground connection is very very good.  Clean
up the wires and connectors.  There is one wire on top covered by a boot
thats starter.  There is a multi plug below that.  Then a very small
little ground that gets a bolt though it into the houseing of the
alternator.  I know for a fact....as I just did mine tuesday :(

The after that make sure the belt is tight and the pivot bolt is tight
so the belt isnt slipping any.  Make sure none of the wires have a break
in them from all the moving around.  hmmmm and my mind just went totaly
blank, i had a suggestion and it just went poof....im getting too old i
think

Kevin
93 classic (Automatic, Stuff)
OE Alternator to 215k miles!