Yippykaiyea

hlava lhlvava@tampabay.rr.com
Sat, 13 Sep 2003 23:21:05 -0500

Finally, the egr tube is unblocked. I got together with Eric K.(man knows
more about oem sentras than anybody I've come across here or on forums).

Neither one of us wanted to take the big tube off, too much pita. So, after
fiddling with the wire down the bpt tube for a while using 12 and 14 gauge,
Eric decided to use some very fine wire to see if he could tell where it was
blocked... maybe the other wires were getting hung up.

Needless to say, the really skinny wire went almost all the way through.
Until we tried that, even a high pressure hose wasn't loosening anything.
Since Eric knows what the end of the small tube is supposed to feel like, he
noticed that the blockage was actually very near the bottom of the tube.

Made himself a home made pick and dug at it from the other end. Loosened it
enough that the high pressure air hose blew the rest out. Yippy skippy.

We also took the time to adjust and set the base idle and timing... it's now
750 and 18. Unfortunately, I broke the hose attachment from the air box to
the air resonator by the AIV.

It's great, no more stumbling and now I get to use 91 or higher octane. This
was one of the last things on my list to finish... only cleaning the
throttle body and putting on my electric blue silicone radiator hoses is
left.

Because Eric looked at the problem a different way(I was banging my head way
too hard on this), I will not have to pull and plug the egr system and can
feel good about being a responsible car owner.

Later,
Mark