The end of the road?

Cynthia Clavey cynvision@yahoo.com
Wed, 10 Sep 2003 22:48:48 -0500

Hi all,
It's been awhile since I've been on the list. I need
moral support, I believe. My NX's alternator has
finally given out. Going to cost $400 or so. Other
repairs seem to be mounting. The AC needs condensor,
and maybe other guts, and coolant costs $125 because
it's the "old" kind according to the local Nissan
dealership. So anywhere from $400 to $1500 for that.
The CV joints and brakes will need work very soon. Not
sure what is causing a squeek in the passenger side
rear wheel. Cosmetically, there's a dent and broken
left tail light, rust on the corners at the
windshield, basic wear elsewhere, and the T-tops are
showing some leakage at the trim around the glass. But
they're not leaking. The driver's side window
sometimes drips in rain. The car has 113,000 miles on
it, for the most part Illinois driving with salt.
We've just last year replaced muffler, b-pipe, all
belts and one fuel injector. The sp wires and
distributor are just two years old. Been doing regular
oil changes and stuff in the engine hasn't been giving
grief. Might be a little pokey, but it also may be my
driving style is a bit off. (Newer cars go around me.)
I'm having to go from 0 to 55 on a hwy with
stoplights. And 55 to 0 because of said stoplights.

Is it time to give up on this car? Repair the
alternator and hold on for my income to allow upkeep
in the future? Or, am I looking at a continuing trail
of failures in the near future?
TIA
Cynthia