braking question

Kevin J. Hart bowlcut@comcast.net
Tue, 9 Sep 2003 00:15:59 -0500

Well first of all its techicnaly not your brakes that define how much
stoping power you have...but your tires.  If you are locking up your
wheels...means you dont have enough tire under your car.  Cause its the
adheasion to the ground that ultimatly stops you.  You break that
adheasion your brakes do nothing.

As for why ad22vf breaks will help.  Once you get enough tire, it will
allow you to modulate your brakes to what is called "threshold brakeing"
much better.  You need to ride that fine line of just to the point and
barely beyond lockng up and slideing your tires...and that will stop you
the fastest of anything.  Stock brakes are plenty on the road if you
drive like a normal person.  I just like to have that little bit of
insurance of the modulation gives me.  Stock brakes were more on/off
with me.  These ad22vf's give me better pedal feedback and slight
changes in my foot pressure relate better to them to me.  And their
ability to do this over and over more times than stock brakes is what
makes them worth while.

Kevin
93 classic (Automatic, Stuff)
including ad22vfs...i have more stoping power than horse power :(