Figured out my clutch problem

Michael Jez 93SER@attbi.com
Sun, 7 Sep 2003 17:40:50 -0500

I've had the same problem with my SE-R before I sold it, I adjusted the
cable like 10 times, repleaced the PPlate with stock, then Key Value, then
ACT, even NISMO, and went back to JWT, to find out all of them grab wrong,
tried a new clutch cable. Same thing happened. So I thought maybe the
bracket is bend, got a new one, same thing was still there. Shiming the
cable up and modifing it made things little bit better but I couldn't
modiffy or shim it anymore. Thats when the light bulb went on in my head and
I adjusted it at the pedal- and its back to normal now. I sold the car to a
friend of mine like 2 months ago, with a 70K mile JWT clutch that held up 2
DETs, a GTi-R and now a second DE- which will be soon turbo cause my friend
hit the SR20 bug.
ps on a side note last nite I was at a party where lots of mofos where
driving hooked up cars, and my friend took one dude for a ride on a SE-R, he
was soo impressed and hooked with the car he could not belive his GSX
Eclipse got spanked by it a week before -> 164WHP with a JDM SR20 high comp,
with OE cams still- checked to see if they are OE.
Mike Jez
01 Max- most pimped out non rice 4 door Nissan in Chicago :)