sumitomo tires

Lauren G marsh_hawk@hotmail.com
Sat, 6 Sep 2003 07:02:14 -0500

I'm also looking for new ones--looks like I'm trying to choose between
the Yokohamas (ES100s) and Bridgestone Potenzas (RE950).  I haven't seen
anyone say much about the Bridgestones although some of the reviews on
tirerack.com look promising.  Opinions?

Thanks,

-Lauren

>From: George Roffe

29 Aug 2003 21:44:20 -0500 > >Dan Hugh-Jones wrote: > >>I was thinking of
putting a set of the very cheap Sumitomo HTR200 >>tires on >>my Classic.
I can get them for $180 installed in 195 60 14. They >>look to >>have a
decent combination of long life, quietness and reasonable >>stickiness (I
just need them for street driving). Has anyone got >>any real >>world
experience of them? > >Not with those specific tires, but I've had
Scummitomo HTRZ-II on my >G20 >and Scummitomo HTRZ on my 328i. Both sets
sucked. > >I'm a big fan of Yokohamas. I used A306 (I think that was the
tire) >on my >G20 before going to 17s and they were a good tire. >