Valve cover gasket leak/ metal bits/S3 cams

Brian bkoko001@yahoo.com
Fri, 5 Sep 2003 08:31:31 -0500

Peter I've had S3's with and without the JWT ECU.
Without the ECU you can tell a little difference at
idle -- a little rougher, lumpier, meaner.  Not so
much that someone who didn't know cams would notice,
though.  Made my car idle like I'd expect a 10 year
old car to idle.
ECU didn't seem to make much difference (at idle,
anyway).  One way you could smooth out the idle would
be to raise it up a couple hundred rpms.
Brian
92 SE-R
93 SE-R auto

"Can anyone on the local level tell that S3's aren't
stock from listening to the idle?  I know they should
*really* be put together with an JWT ecu, but I'm
probably going to hold off on that one for a while.

Hopefully, they won't run too bad w/o the ECU.."