sumitomo tires

Peter Serwe peter@easytree.net
Wed, 3 Sep 2003 07:55:39 -0500

"KIERAN A. LAVIN" wrote:

> Uh... Peter, you *DO* realize that is an oximoron?!?  The only time North
> Jersey roads were decent were probably before Christopher Columbus's time!

Yeah, I realize that, but even still:

Mid-coast Maine roads are FAR worse and the
Yoko's I've tried stand up to being beaten hard
up and down them all the time - Sumi's blow
goats - George and I both have proof ;)

Hey Kids!  Can you say 'FROST HEAVE'?

We have a road up here called Route 131
that is like, God's gift to mechanics and tire
people.  No joke, they claim their going to
redo it Spring '04, and my wife says she won't
even *think* about a new car until it happens.

Of course, winter of '04 it'll heave up, break
up, and disintegrate as the big trucks roll up and
down it..  You almost need rally wheels/tires
up here in the winter - although some meaty
snows in the 195/60/R14 variety do *almost*
as well..

:)

That's the main (no pun) reason people up
here have 2 cars, a winter beater and a summer
car.  Some people I know buy a new winter beater
for $3-500 every winter, and dump it in the spring
for $2-300.  The extreme NE, every mechanic's
dream location - tons of work, all the time..
--
Peter Serwe <peter@easytree.net>
Cheaper, Faster, Better, pick any two.