Roll Bar install help

? grailer@yifan.net
Thu, 28 Aug 2003 15:15:12 -0500

"Ray Sta.Juana" <raystajuana@hotmail.com> wrote:

  > ...what should I use to cover the bolts that would be exposed...
  > ...some type of rubbery coating. Any idea what that might have been?

Undercoating spray most likely - that's what I used almost ten years ago! It's
still holding fine.

  > ...just drill the holes directly on the carpet. Good idea?

Test-fit the bar first. You may find that mounting the bar on top of the carpet
doesn't give you enough room to clear the headliner. I used a carpet knife and
cut little flaps in the carpet, put in the roll-bar, then glued the carpet flaps
back down after I cut out a hole for the bar.

Carson M. Hanrahan                        '91 Classic w/the usual stuff
"It is better to go into a corner slow and come out fast than to go
into a corner fast and come out dead" - Stirling Moss