JWT PP

Raymond A. Kawski sr20de@epix.net
Wed, 27 Aug 2003 15:35:38 -0500

Ray you wrote:

> The SR20 cable IS shorter but look at the "D" which is
> where the cable mounts to. From the "D" the GA16 is
> shorter giving you more distance to shorten the cable,
> thereby giving you more adjustment. Meaning that it's
> gonna be tighter upon install than the SR20 cable.

Yes but the pedal still needs to actuate all of the
cable.  So your still pulling lets say 24" of cable
versus 22".  That extra 2" (exagerated) could be keeping
you from disengaging the clutch.  I know when I put the
GA16 cable on had to adjust the pedal up all the way and
then finally I was able to get the clutch to disengage in
the middle of the throw.

> Which means you won't have to tighten it as much to
> take up the slack.  On the SR20 cable, the "D" is too
> far, in my case, to take up the slack, it
> ends up at the end of the threads and still not enough to
> completely disengage the clutch.

This is where adjusting the pedal height sovles that
problem.  If you have about 1/8" of free play in the clutch
arm and you depress the clutch and you still can't
disengage the clutch that means you don't have enough throw
in the pedal to disengage the clutch.  Thus you need a
shorter cable and why you should use the SR20 one.

RK