JWT PP

Omer Farooq Khan ohmfab@comcast.net
Mon, 25 Aug 2003 20:40:30 -0500

> > The problem is all of you are proably not adjusting
> > the cable right.  See if you have play in the cable

> I agree with Mike.  I have yet to put a JWT plate in that
> didn't work as intended.

I appreciate everyone's advice.  I know how to adjust a clutch cable and
have done plenty of clutch jobs before, I've been working on cars for a long
time.  I have tried everything and cannot get the PP in my car to work.  I
called Jim Wolf today and he was very helpful but his suggestions didnt help
either.

I know my clutch lever arm is not cracked as I cleaned and inspected it very
carefully while I had the transmission out.  After I saw the clutch setup
wasnt working I took everything apart and checked to make sure I had
everything in correctly, and it was.   So I modified my clutch cable bracket
as many have done and still no dice.  I must just have a bad pressure plate.
I also called Greg Vogel  at Mossy Nissan who I bought the setup from and he
was EXTREMELY helpful and even measured a B15 and a B13 clutch disc for me
to see if one was thicker than the other, and they were both the same
thickness.  Through process of elimination I know all the parts are correct,
installed correctly, and should work but they don't.

I know MANY people have this setup (the reason I bought it) which is what is
aggrivating me.   I'd like to try another JWT PP but I dont have the time to
keep taking the car apart and putting it back together.  I can get the
tranny out in just 40 minutes but I am sick of messing with it.    I know
stock parts wont hold up well to the autocrossing I do but I ordered a B15
Pressure Plate to go with the B15 disc I already bought.  Seemed like the
cheapest way to go other than getting a key value kit.  I really need the
car back on the road as soon as possible and since the parts are stock I
shouldn't have any problems with the combination... I hope.

Thanks to EVERYONE for helping me out and the many emails and suggestions I
got.  I especially appreciate Greg Vogel's help.  He is one of the nicest
people I have ever dealt with and he's helped me out before but this time I
think he went above his way to make sure I was taken care of.

Omer F. Khan
'92 White SE-R