EGR Cleaning..

Peter Serwe peter@easytree.net
Sun, 17 Aug 2003 13:56:33 -0500

For everyone who goes through the 8 guage wire style
cleaning method, which I did do once, last year, it does
work, however, I found an quicker and easier way to
clean the BPT passage tube that I thought I'd share for
the archives.

1.  Remove the rubber tube from the BPT and the BPT passage.

2.  Remove BPT passage access bolt.

3.  Connect one end of rubber hose to an air nozzle.

4.  Fill BPT passage tube full of carb cleaner.

5.  Put other end of rubber tube back onto BPT passage.

6.  Trigger air nozzle.

7.  Repeat if necessary until you see carb cleaner blowing through
     'hidden' end of BPT passage tube.

If the carbon's built up enough to completely block the tube,
or you've never cleaned it out via the wire method, than maybe
it won't work, but it cleared up my recent surging/hesitation
in about 2 minutes, and it's a perfect method if you do it at
every oil change, or tune-up, IMHO.

As always, YMMV.

--
Peter Serwe <peter@easytree.net>