List Statistics on Opening Beer Cans

Jim Wright wrightj@apple.com
Sun, 17 Aug 2003 00:37:35 -0500

On Friday, August 15, 2003, at 08:15  PM, Dan Thompson wrote:

> 4) Then someone will accuse someone else of being a Nazi, Godwin's Law
>    will be invoked, and the discussion will be over!

> Oops, did I just do that very thing?  <grin>

Nope.  Go a web search for Godwin's Law and you'll see why.

And I suppose we need to add:

5) One of the list moderators will step in and declare the thread to be
off topic, spawning multiple additional threads on the state of the
list, why forums are better, and why forums suck, at which point the
list will then split into two or more separate lists (and/or forums)
for a time before folks finally come back to the original list.