Creeky Clutch

Jason Puckett jasonjpuckett@yahoo.com
Thu, 14 Aug 2003 01:09:28 -0500

I have had the same problems with my last 2 clutches.
I also have replaced the cable.
It only gets bad when it warms up, when its cold it
doesn't really do it.

As far as I've been able to figure out, the "gritch"
"creek" whatever you call the feeling seems to come
from the release lever that the cable attaches to on
the tranny.  Its hard but I've gotten in there with
some spray silicone grease and sprayed the hinge on
the lever.  It seeps down some and works nice for a
while but the feeling always comes back.  I'm guessing
the best way to get rid of it is to replace the whole
lever/bearing part which I think would involve taking
the tranny apart.

=====
Jason Puckett
'93 Ruby Pearl SE-R