For the technically inclined: Continuous Variable Valve Adjustment - What do you think?

Lee Koloszyc nx2kracer@hotmail.com
Wed, 13 Aug 2003 10:45:56 -0500

If I remember correctly BMW was working on an engine without any cams at
all.  And the valves are going to be controlled by electric motors.  Think
they are waiting for the new 48V car systems to be standard before they do
it.
As for the system you posted about, it would probably not challenge the
"cam-less" systems that will come out soon.  But seems like it could be more
reliable then servo controlled valves.

Lee