For the technically inclined: Continuous Variable Valve Adjustment - What do you think?

Chris Pronios hpro@b-link.gr
Wed, 13 Aug 2003 10:14:35 -0500

I have asked about it in the sr20deforums.com but it either slipped through
or there was no interest but here goes..

Little company in Greece has an "innovative" idea about variable valve
timing.
Extended info can be found at www.pattakon.com .
You will have to excuse the english in some passages but, other than that,
the technical description there is very nicely put.

Now, I have only cursory in-depth experience on what has been done regarding
such systems, but anything that makes an engine idle at 300rpm sounds
interesting to me.

Claims:
Practically flat torque curve from above idle to redline.
Instant response.
Cam profiles as radical as you want with no adverse effects in low rpm.

Can anyone look at it and offer some opinion? The "innovation" has been
discussed briefly at some forums but with no real technical input in any of
those.

Chris