99 SE-L exhaust help!

Paul Kieca classic@kieca.net
Wed, 13 Aug 2003 08:55:54 -0500

I got a courtesy b-pipe and a magnaflow 2.5" muffler. From what I just
realized - the 99 cat is 1" longer. This means that the custom exhaust will
NOT be a perfect fit. I do not want to shorten the b-pipe since I don't want
the muffler shop to mess anything up. What are my best options? 1) shorten
the b-pipe anyways (risk it ) 2) get a 95-97 cat (which may be clogged up)
3) have the muffler shop put in a test pipe (can you say loud?) 4) sell the
whole setup for half price and buy a greddy? Anyone have any suggestions?
TIA

Paul Kieca
99 SE-L 5spd
JWT s4
Hotshot Header 5g
Hotshot CAI
Stock exhaust that is bottlenecking at least 15whp
Soon to have a 50shot NX kit