Forged pistons

Jay Stewart jay@nx2k.com
Tue, 12 Aug 2003 10:24:37 -0500

>Hmm... I guess it all depends on your point of view.

Well, the track or the dyno's point of view. :)

>And that's different from the pistons soaking up heat
>(which I think will stop anywayz once the motor has been run for a bit).

And there is the crux of what I don't get. Why is there oil squirting at the
bottom of the pistons? To remove heat. Why do we remove the heat? Why is the
cylinder surrounded by a water jacket, and the head as well? To remove heat.

I understand how a turbo works, we need heat there, that's all well in good.
But keeping the heat in the combustion chamber sounds counterproductive.

-Jay