JDM vehicles

Ben Fenner fenfam@comcast.net
Mon, 11 Aug 2003 23:19:28 -0500

> Is a 200SX SE-R a 2 door sports car? If so we got those too, the older
> series called (funnily enough) '200SX' and the later series 'Silvia' -
which
> is what they are/were sold as in Japan. They running turbo SR20s.
Apologies
> if I'm repeating common knowledge here.

You speak of what was sold in the United States as a "240SX" which had the
2.4 liter KA24DE instead of the SR20DET. I will not go into why Nissan chose
to give us this engine in fear of opening a can of worms that needn't be
opened. The models in Japan/Australia sold as the "180SX", "200SX", and
"Silvia" were sold in the US (during the same years?) as the "240SX". The
two door, RWD sports car you're talking about has little to do with the
200SX SE-R sold in the US, which is a 2 door FWD "Sentra" running the
naturally aspirated SR20DE. Two completely different cars there. Just to
clear things up, and yes, this is pretty common knowledge.

-Ben
1994 Black SE-R