Ceramic-coating pistons

Heick Resources blitzmr2@insightbb.com
Mon, 11 Aug 2003 11:40:31 -0500

>The higher EGT goes toward driving the turbo.  If you
>coat everything you do notice higher EGT's, about 2-3
>hundred degrees.  That can only drive the turbo much
>harder.Its probably one of the reasons why my 575 whp twin
>turbo Z has less lag than a stock one.

If it is such an incredible, fool-proof technology with no downside and
nothing but power to be had and lag to be reduced, why doesn't any OE use
ceramic coatings -or do they? I know, cost is an issue for OEs, but a simple
technology like this could be priceless for these manufacturers going
through extreme lengths to get the power to happen sooner, and so on. Most
no-brainer technologies like this usually find their way into, or come from,
OE utilization. Why not ceramic-coated pistons?

Terry
www.freshalloy.com