OT-Evolution

Zak Nilsson zak.nilsson@latimes.com
Mon, 11 Aug 2003 11:10:45 -0500

On 8/11/03 7:59 AM, "COOKIE JARANILLA" <Jaranc@lacera.com> wrote:

> Correction:

> 1)  A full bolt-on (including S3cams) 96 200sx Se-R WILL
> walk a stock WRX in a third gear to fifth gear pull on the freeway.

Only if it's very lucky, and the guy in the WRX can't drive very well -
short shifting etc. As I said, stock times for a WRX are in the mid-low 14s
at 94-95 MPH. As you said, fact not opinion. In order for an SE-R to walk a
stock WRX, it would have to be doing better than 95 MPH in the trap and I'm
not aware of any bolt on SE-Rs doing better than 95 MPH so far.

It's possible for a bolt on SE-R to walk an automatic WRX though. They're
significantly slower than the 5-speeds. If you're curious, Ask Carlos what a
stock WRX will do to a modified SE-R, heh.  :)

- Zak
- 04 WRX wagon
- 94 Sentra work in progress