Clutch Cable problems

Omer Farooq Khan ohmfab@comcast.net
Sat, 9 Aug 2003 23:49:56 -0500

Ian Lyn said:
> Now I have a newer JWT PP with a B15 disc and a Fidenza and the cable
sucks.
> I have a new cable and I had to slot the bracket. A lot of people with
> either the ACT street PP or the newer "grey" JWT PP all seem to have this
> problem. Just look at the Forum(s). All the local guys, I mean every last
> one in Team Serious and SR20Deep (NYC SR20 guys) all had to modify their
> clutch cable bracket.

I just bought a JWT Clutch Kit with a b15 disc, got a great deal on the kit
from Greg Vogel at Mossy Nissan.   I am kind of worried now before
installing it.   I always thought this was the no brainer clutch solution
for NA cars.  The JWT pressure plate I received was silver btw.

Modifying the cable bracket doesn't bother me that much but maybe that is
masking another problem with the setup?  Could the throwout bearing have
anything to do with this, perhaps people who are having these problems are
all using one part number throwout bearing?

Another possibility, If the jwt plate is not as tall as a stock disc,
measuring from face to spring at rest, then there would be slop in the
cable.  Anyone with a stock pressure plate that can measure this?

I'll stop thinking out loud now...

Omer F. Khan
1992 Nissan SE-R