Forged pistons

spdracer@mail.utexas.edu spdracer@mail.utexas.edu
Tue, 5 Aug 2003 12:58:15 -0500

> The specific ones that were seen flaking were the swaintech ones. Their
> exhaust coatings don't stick too well in turbo applications that I have seen
> either.

I have their white thermal barrier on my BB DET cast iron exhaust manifold and
it's still perfect.  I believe it just depends on what you get coated.  If you
have a tubular steel manifold (i.e. anything that has a relatively high
thermal expansion coefficient), then it'll flake; kinda makes sense though
right?  I know Mike K. gets all of his stuff coated.  It'd be interesting to
see how his pistons are doing.

Khiem