renewed life for old suspension?

Hammer Down hammer_down@hotmail.com
Mon, 4 Aug 2003 13:55:55 -0500

I would venture to say your rubber bushings are deteriorated and the
additional slop is giving you a "disconnected feeling.  The urethane
bushings are a nice upgrade for performance and I beleive they are less
expensive than the stock (oem) rubber parts.  They will add a little road
noise to the cabin while driving.  More so in city driving than highway.  I
liked the performance gain.  It definitly tightened the car up (my b-13 had
180k on it when I did my bushings).  I feel that the front and rear urethane
engine mounts added more cabin noise than the bushings though.  Especially
at ANY rpm below 2500.

Erik Halvorson
1991 Volvo 740 Turbo Wagon
1972 510 2dr (anti-FWD performance project)
1987 Motive Systems Enduro Kart/Komet
1982 Bug Black Widiow/ PCR