Stromung Muffler

Jon Pennington cowboydren@b15sentra.net
Mon, 28 Jul 2003 10:59:24 -0500

Peter Serwe said:

> I just slapped my 'new to me' Stromung muffler on,

Yay!:)

> couple weeks, but it sounds great, hardly any
> louder than my stock muffler sounded, IIRC.

Yay!  I've heard the B14 exhaust from inside the car, and I'm not terribly
impressed with the "Stromung Sound," but from outside the car, they sound
sooo sweeeet.  I bet it actually *is* quieter than a mostly-worn stock
muffler, though.

> just putting it on *seems* to have restored
> some torque that *seemed* to have been lost

Hah!  Brings back memories of my '85 Subaru GL (1500 engine).  My fuel
economy went up 2-3MPG when I put a new (replacement) exhaust on it, and
the torque improved significantly as well.  When you only have 1.5l to
start with, every little bit of exhaust velocity at low RPMs counts. :)  I
could have shot myself for driving around with a blown exhaust for so
long.

--
-=|JP|=-        "Stew my foot and call me Susan!"

'01 B15 SE/PP  |   http://members.cardomain.com/cowboydren/   |  <//><
'95 SL2 Auto   |         cowboydren @ b15sentra . net         |