custom intake dimensions and intake/header tuning

Jon Pennington cowboydren@b15sentra.net
Mon, 28 Jul 2003 10:48:34 -0500

Rick Frey said:

> so.... Are there similar equations available for calculating the length
> and diameter of intake runners or exhaust header tubes that are pretty
> good at predicting gains at various RPMs?

Chrysler did a LOT of research on intake manifolds specifically in the
late Sixties.  I do not know where to get this information currently, but
the equasions certainly exist.  There are a few custom intake manifolds
for SR20s floating around which are tuned for specific RPM ranges, though
I don't know if they were designed mathematically or just being eyeballed.

I'd like to see this information, too, especially with all of the SR20VEs
that are being installed, and the special exhaust (not to mention intake)
volume/velocity properties VEs have.

--
-=|JP|=-        "Stew my foot and call me Susan!"

'01 B15 SE/PP  |   http://members.cardomain.com/cowboydren/   |  <//><
'95 SL2 Auto   |         cowboydren @ b15sentra . net         |