(no subject)

Steve Foltz stevefoltz@hotmail.com
Sat, 19 Jul 2003 19:08:09 -0500

Khiem wrote:

>So I was looking at upgrades.  Koyo is nice, but too expensive.  Nissan
>Motorsports or Nismo or whatever is also around $400.  The Modine is a good
>price but I dunno about the brass and copper construction (I'm assuming the
>stocker is all aluminum? I'd like to stay that way).

I found the Koyo for $325.   It should arive to my house in this next week.
The best I have found the GTIR for is around $280.  I ruled the Modine out
because it is not as efficient as a all alluminum radiator.  I also
researched the Koyo and the Fluidyne and Griffin but for the money the Koyo
was the best buy at that price.  It ouw have cost much more to get a
fluidyne or similiar in my car and the oem fans would have been a chore to
install.

Breint Wrote:
>Anything against the MUCH larger than stock Modine radiator?  We are all
>running that up north here and love it.

Just because it is thicker then the GTIR does not make it better.  Its
construction does limits its efficiancy a bit.  This link explains it pretty
clearly.
http://www.griffinrad.com/whyaluminum.htm

Steve Foltz
98 Sentra SE