was 5w-20 now What people charge.

Michael Jez 93SER@attbi.com
Sat, 19 Jul 2003 14:16:40 -0500

People who wanna become doctors just like dealing with peoples problems, are
able to sustain looking at blood all day long and have to be pretty calm
about how they work- I never seen a stressed out doctor and I been at a
hospital many times- not for my own health or anything but with others. Yes
I agree its a tough job, and U can't mess up a surgery on a guys heart and
go ups, lets try again- No there are alot of risks involved- even to your
own health. But thats the path these people chose and I respect that, but
when a doc charges my insurance 400 bux for 10 min worth of consultation and
tells me I need to take Advil to get rid of my cold or whatever.... no that
is NOT right. As far as mechanics job goes, anyone can do it just about, but
are they able to do it quickly with high quality involved ? For instance I
was going to do cams on a SE-R today at work for a listmember here, yes I
told him it will take me about 2 hours to do, BUT I told him that because I
always tripple check my work after I am done.  But some mechanics are just
part repleacers basically, the mechanics at the dealerships have been
working on the same brand car for the last XX amount of years and only know
that car line, where others have a tougher job to do, they might not be as
good as the mechanic at the dealer on the same type of the car- I'm talking
about a independent shop that services all makes and models. I used to work
for an independent, this is why I get 80% of the used cars for inspection
when they get traded in at my dealership. I am not affraid of a 89 Taurus
SHO, or a 00 Excursion, U tell me to go ahead and yank the heads off it U
betcha sweet ass I'm going to town on it. I love working on diff things this
is what makes me diff from the guys at my shop, they just know what goes
wrong with every Acura have it made EZ.  This is why sometimes I overquote
on the price because U never know what U going to run into. I rebuild our
shops F150 plow truck in 2 days- valve job, trans rebuild, transfer case
rebuild, all new brake lines ( its a 90 Lariat F150 with 45K miles on it
looks like new) I charged our dealership- cause the used car, new car and
service department had to pay for this major repair : 46 hours, now I spend
about 20 hours on it. But It cost them like a 1/3 of what it would cost them
at Ford and since I'm a big Ford dude from the past ( owned a 351 Cleveland
Fox that used to have a 6 in it ) I know my Fords and Chevys. The truck runs
like new and is all good- btw it had a 302 V8 in it. So call me a scam
artist but everyone gots to make $$ somehow. And for me atleast... I make
more than some doctors or laywers make a year. I'm 23 years old been working
at dealerships since I was 16 and on cars with my old man since I was 10
years old. Don't get me started on diesels :) they are awesome.
Mike Jez
01 Max- 89 bux for a clutch kit from Nissan compared to 720 dollars for a
1.8L A4 clutch nice ehh ? Somepeople just dont get it... Japanesse cars are
cheaper to maintain and get parts for then domestics or european-junk.